Department: Front Office
Reports to: Manager on Duty/Bell Staff Department Head
Shift: May vary (Full-time)
Pay: 10.50/ hour plus tips
Represents hotel to outside world. Acknowledges, welcomes and assists with departures of all guests, visitors and neighbors arriving to/from the hotel.
- Maintain knowledge of scheduled daily arrivals/departures, features and services provided by the hotel, hours of operation for each outlet.
- Assist guest and visitors into and out of their vehicles.
- Greet arriving guest/visitors within 30 seconds of arrival at the front of the hotel.
- Provide guests with directions to the front desk check-in area, and introduce the guest by name to the front desk clerk and/or bell person.
- Open hotel doors for guests or visitors.
- Maintain proper security of vehicles keys, and the accurate recording of information on the vehicle claim ticket, notably any pre-existing damage.
- Assist guest with loading/unloading luggage into and out of their vehicles.
- Assist Concierge staff with guest requests and services by delivering all packages/faxes/messages within 30 min, unless instructed differently.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees or guests.
- A valid California driver’s license.
- Good driving record.
- Ability to drive all types of vehicles.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests.
- Ability to lift bulky objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to exert physical effort in removing, replacing, and transporting guest luggage in and out of vehicles or rooms.
- Ability to withstand being outdoors and exposed to all weather conditions throughout assigned shift.
- Ability to remain stationary at assigned post for lengthy periods of time.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure of a number of arriving/departing guests.
- Ability to understand guest inquiries and provide responses.
- Ability to focus on guests needs
- Ability to prioritize and organize.
- Ability to think quickly and make good judgments.
- Ability to maintain positive relations with taxi/limousine drivers.
- Previous guest relations training
*Please Note: This is not a full job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer